Saturday, December 11, 2010

7 Altered Bird Frame

This is an altered bird frame with a grungy steampunk look, that I've created using Clear Scraps chipboard bird as the base and tons of Tim Holtz products. This is actually my last DT project as part of Tim Holtz design team. He has decided to end his first design team due to his very busy schedule. However, due to the fact that I really love most of his products, I'll will continue to share any of my future projects using his products with you all.

Below are some close-ups and explanations on this project.
To create the eye of the bird, I've used a compass sticker, some sprockets and gears. The eye glass is created using a circle fragment and a swivel clasp.
I've used a used a metal sheet and embossed it to create the wing. I've also sand it a little to reveal the embossed images better.

To dress up the tail, I've used some memo pins, charm, muse token and a cut out alpha from the lost and found paper stack.


I've used an acrylic slide by Clear Scraps to frame around the photograph. I've inked it with alcohol ink and wrap part of it with some tissue tape. For the steampunk look, I've wrap some crafting wire around it.

I've used the silhoutte piece of the mini crown mask to decorate on top of the bird. I've detailed it with pearls and distressed stickles. 
I've distressed the metal "7" with a texture hammer before attaching to the project.

This is such a fun project. Hope you all like it.

Sources: Clear products: Clear Scraps; Pattern Papers: Tim Holtz idea-ology; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Alcohol Ink; Chipboard: Clear Scraps; Metal Embellishment: Tim Holtz idea-ology; Stickers: Tim Holtz idea-ology; Mask: Tim Holtz idea-ology; Others: Ranger Distressed Stickles, Tim Holtz idea-ology fragment, tissue tape and grungeboard, Prima pearls, Inkssentials white gel pen, Ranger Glossy Accents, Ten Second Studio metal sheet, Tim Holtz Alterations, crafting wire, Zip Dry, Tombow and other adhesives. 

19 comments:

STAMP ENJOY said...

MAGNIFIQUE !!!!!

Gabby said...

I am continually amazed by your awesome projects! I cannot even phathom how your mind is able to think up these creative ways to use and combine the supplies you do! I love every single thing about this bird frame! The embossed metal is so cool! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Unknown said...

I just love oohing and aahing at what you create! Amazing!

Tammy Tutterow said...

Wow, I love this! It is absolutely stunning.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Very funky Irene but also very cute.

Erin Smetak said...

You hope we all like it?! Are you kidding?! This is AWESOME!!!! So many cool details, LOVE IT!!!!

Unknown said...

This is very beautiful!

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is an amazng piece & SO beautiful!!

Scrapamum said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love it!

Martica Designs said...

Love everything about this bird frame......its beautiful

Heidi Bound said...

Irene, I am LOVING this project. What a cool way to use us scraps and little odds and ends that I have in my stash! SOOO cool.

Anonymous said...

STUNNING!!!!!

Peggy said...

Amazing!!!!!!

Jane F. Smith said...

all your accents just work magaic here!!

Myrna Marcano said...

Beautiful work with the bird. You work with many details and is not recharged.
I love your projects.
Hugs, Myrna

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Eeek!! Oh, my! This is stunning, Irene!! I adore every detail, every yummie detail, WONDERFUL! A FAVE!!

Steph Ackerman said...

Love It!

curlyqmosaics said...

I saw this on the Clear Scraps blog. I am speechless with this intricate bird! Absolutley a masterpiece!

Krista said...

This is amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin