Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Dreamer Boy

This is another of my DT project for Tim Holtz.com. It's a layout using the cool "Lost and Found" paper stack and tons of embellishment from Tim Holtz idea-ology.

I'll explain on the details through the close-ups below.
The "A" is actually a sticker from the "Salvage Stickers" pad. I've mat it with a cardstock and later stitch on it. I've added dimension to it using some foam adhesives. As for the word "Dreamer", it's basically cut-outs from the pattern paper. I've used some Distress Stickles to add some colours to some of the alphas.

I've used the "Tissue Tapes Wrapping" technique on the grungeboard arrow and the "Thumb Prints on Filmstrip" technique on the film strip.


I've used the "Hardware Findings" die-cut to cut out some pieces from a piece of grungeboard and ink it with distress ink.
To add some soft elements to the layout, I've added some "ruler ribbons" to the layout.

I've also done some masking underneath the embellishments using the "Timeworks" masking templates.

To add some patterns or designs to the white cardstock on the upper right, I've used some "Ultimate Grunge" stamps and distress inks to stamp randomly on it.

Check back for more projects from me! Happy crafting!
Sources: Cardstock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Tim Holtz Idea-ology; Inks: Ranger Distress Inks; Stamps: Stampers Anonymous; Metal Embellishments: Tim Holtz idea-ology; Others: Ranger Distress Stickles, Tim Holtz idea-ology masks, tissue tapes, grungeboard, ruler ribbon and filmstrip, Inkssential white gel pen, fiber, floss for stitching, Glue Dots, Zip Dry and other adhesives. 

8 comments:

Tania Martyns said...

amazing!
stunninng!
beautiful!
wonderful !
art!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Particularly like the title alphas.

Kay F said...

This is simply fabulous work! All that texture...love it!!

tania said...

STUNNING!!love all your detail,irene:)

Melissa S. said...

This is wonderful. I love all the details. I went and bought the Tim Holtz cutting Die Photo Strip after seeing what you did with the little film strip. I thougt that would work well also to do the same type of thing. Thanks as always for the great insperation.

Vibeke said...

You rock!! This is so stunning!!:)

~Etoile~ said...

wow gorgeous!!! It's soft but so masculine at the same time.

STAMP ENJOY said...

ABSOLUMENT DIVINE CETTE PAGE

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin