Friday, June 4, 2010

Creation

This is a layout that had been published in Mar/April's issue of Scrapbooking m.m. It's a layout that I've created to showcase the image transfer technique. You could check out the "Packing Tape Transfer" post in the tip and trick section of my blog to read more about this technique.

Here are some of the details on this layout.
I've used the "Packing Tape Transfer" technique to create the photograph. However, instead of pasting it onto a cardstock or paper, I've transferred the image onto an acrylic sheet. It's really cool to keep the see-throughness of the photograph on the layout.

I've added some Magic Mesh on the corners of the acrylic sheet and distress them a bit with Distress Stickles.

I've misted some Distress Inks onto the white chipboard alphas. To create a distress look to it, don't mist it entirely. Just a hint of it here and there.

I've also used some fie-cut butterflies which I've gotten them from a great friend of mine sometime ago to embellish the page. Thanks Jamie! Dress up the butterflies with Stickles and rhinestones.

This month, I'm actually guest designing for a kit club and another company. Most of you might have noticed that I've added their banner or logo to the lower right of my blog. Yes! They are My Paper TreeHouse kit club and Layers of Color! 

My Paper TreeHouse is a brand new kit club which had just started this June. Their first kit had been jam packed with tons of yummy products! Check them out! I'm actually designing some workshops with the products. Stay tune for more news from me about my projects using their kit.

Layers of Color is a cool art stamp company which had recently also branched into designing stencils!! They are having a drawing to WIN some  of their new art stencils! The drawing starts at their blog on June 7th and the winner is drawn and announced there during the Art Stencil New Release Party June 14th. I'll be joining them on a designer blog hop on that day! I know I won't be around then because I'll still be at Singapore but I'll schedule ahead my blog post for that celebration! Make sure you check out for it!
     

Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey; Inks: Ranger Distress Inks; Rub-Ons: Basic Grey; Chipboards: American Crafts; Others: Ranger Distress Stickles and Stickles, Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber, Prima rhinestones, ribbon and flowers, Magic Mesh, Basic Grey tag, packing tape, lace, decorative brad, Glue Dots, Zip Dry and other adhesives.  

7 comments:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Congratulations on this publication, Irene! It's truly a work of art! The colors are yummie and beautifully balanced. The focal point is captivating and the details are intriguing. I love that you share your creative techniques. Thank you!

I'm thrilled that you have joined us, Irene! Your talents are endless and an excellent match for Layers of Color art stamps and art stencils. I'm excited to see all that you create for us!

Creative hugs!

Karin said...

Hi Irene :-) love your blog!!!
When you'r playing with "packing tape transfer" is it an inkjet printer, or a lacer printer, you use?
I sat and looked back on your blog, and saw what a fabulous develobment you have gone trew. Fantastic!!!!

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Karin,

You have to print it using a toner based printer or laser printer. If you don't have one, simply print it out and photocopy it using a toner based photocopy machine. Hope this helps.

Stamp Enjoy said...

très jolie page !

Jane F. Smith said...

This is a gorgoues LO Irene!! lovin the orange!! I'm gonna have to try the packing tape transfer...I've been wanting to for some time, just haven't gotten to it!! congrats on the two new teams!

Cindy Gay said...

Great job on the photo transfer.

Melissa said...

Love your page. I love the techniques you used and how you pointed them out in the post. I checked out the tutorial on how to do the packing tape. What a cool idea--I will have to try that out!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin