Thursday, December 10, 2009

Me & Gaia



As per my last post, this is a layout that I've created for Artugolok as their honorary guest designer this month. This is also the first time that I've used the super gorgeous pattern papers from Gaia. Love them!

Here are some of the details on this layout.

I've cut out a huge rectangular from the pattern paper and replace it with a piece of acrylic sheet. I've stamped on it to increase it's visibility.

I've mist some distress ink all around the layout to create some contrast in the colours of the layout.


Here's another easy technique to distress your chipboard. Simply just mist some distress ink (do not cover the whole of the chipboard piece) to the chipboard alphas and later, use a cloth or wipe to dab and wipe it. This technique will result in the cool distressed look in the picture above.
   
This is also the first time that I've used one of Melissa Frances resin embellishment.  Love their vintage embellishment. It's originally in white. I've distressed it slightly by sanding it down a bit and later mist of distress ink on it. Later, wipe off the excess distress ink with a wipe.


How about creating more matching embellishment on your own by stamping on the remaining of the pattern paper and cut it out to embellish the layout.


I've actually cut out the silhoutte from the pattern paper but found it to be too plain for the layout. Therefore, I've used some white solvent ink to stamp on it and tie a ribbon to it.


I've also used some Russian butterfly rub-on and apply it onto a white cardstock and cut it out. Ink it's edges and fold up it's wings for dimension before attaching it to the layout.

I've already finished with the projects for the classes at San Jose, California. I'll just wait for the green light  from the organizer before sharing some sneak peeks here. Hope to meet most of you then!


Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Cardstock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Gaia; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Stampers Anonymous, Prima, Hampton Art; Chipboard: American Crafts; Others: Ranger Stickles, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Prima flowers and pearls, Melissa Frances resin embellishment, velvet ribbon, twines, Zip Dry, Glue Dots and other adhesives. 

10 comments:

Lili Sulastri said...

Such a lovely LO. Thank you for sharing the techniques with us. Is GAIA a Russian product?

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Iszalil,

Gaia is is from France.

Olga Solhaug said...

Yes, that was so simple and therefore - amazing :) Lucky Moscow girls! I have to be there the next time, Irene :))))

Miss Amazing said...

I so LOVE this! I especially like how you threw in a little bit of colour but it went fabulously with the pallet :) well done as always! Now, how do I say it and where do I buy it??

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Miss Amazing,

This is a French paper, Artugolok had supplied me these papers. They are an online store. Perhaps you could get it from them or try googling out Gaia to find out a store nearest to you.

Alienka said...

Irene, it's awesome LO! I'll try to remember this techniques! :)

By the way, I've very liked using distress and water that you've showed at the classes! Here my recent work with this techinque - http://crafters-notes.blogspot.com/2009/11/blog-post_29.html

Anonymous said...

Beautiful LO, Irene. Stunning use of the splashes of colour.

mininessie said...

WOW...PRECIOUS WORK!

Laney said...

I didn't understand the transparency bit until I realized you can actually see THROUGH the page! Awesome!

Maramco said...

Irene te encontré en Pink paislee. Me parecen muy hermosos tus trabajos, hay grandes ideas en ellos. Te felicito.

Saludos desde España

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin