Friday, January 16, 2009

Distressed Background using Masquepen

Well, it's time for more Masquepen fun. Recently, I've created various projects for Masquepen which will be displayed on their booth during this Winter CHA. I've come up with various techniques and this is one of them. Do visit Masquepen booth if you're going to CHA this round to get an up close look on some of my projects.

I've actually use this technique in one of my project for them. It's creating a distressed background using Masquepen. Here are the steps.

1) Stamp your images using black solvent ink on a white card stock.

2) Use a white crayon to colour part of the images ("Crayon Resist Technique") and later dab a lighter shade of distress ink all over it.

3) Apply Masquepen randomly all over the background and the stamped image. Let it dry.

4) Dab on various colours of distress ink and use your fingers to lightly rub off the dried translucent liquid. Cut out the image.

5) Lastly, I've use my fingers to sprinkled some water on it to create a "water distressed" look on it.

Remember to check out Masquepen's booth at CHA to see this project up close. I'll be posting completed project here too but I think it would be so cool if you all could get a look at the actual project itself. You could even pick up a bottle or two Masquepens to try out this technique too.

6 comments:

Gayatri said...

Awesome technique.Love the result.

Gayatri said...

Awesome technique.Love the result.

Gayatri said...

Awesome technique.Love the result.

Gayatri said...

Awesome technique.Love the result.

Anonymous said...

Wow beautiful..

paulien710 said...

I just love the result!!!!!!!
Sigh.... wish I could go to CHA.... so I could get a close-up look at those projects you made.

Thans for the explaination

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin